Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Flying Nightmare

Well here I am sitting in Hong Kong International Airport when I thought I'd be over the North Pole and halfway home. What a nightmare. The flight to Hong Kong was fine, and then I bid farewell to the rest of our group, whose flight left without any problems. It was odd, after being constantly surrounded by the same sixteen people for two weeks, I am utterly alone.

Then began the delays. First an hour. Then a second. Then a third. Finally, they cancelled the flight due to some maintenance issues. This wouldn't have sucked quite as much if I were at least with my friends and I hadn't only gotten 2 hours of sleep because of the early flight... But at least there's a really nice Indian woman who has kind of joined me and makes me feel less sad. I'm all about those silver linings!

Anyway, the airport staff here has been super confusing and sent our whole flight on a wild goose chase around the airport to get our accommodations. We even got on bus to the hotel that left, drove around the airport, and then pulled back in before we were told we needed to reenter and pick up the vouchers. I'm currently waiting for a bus (it's late. Yay.) to take me to the hotel where I'm going to pass out. Also, I'm totally kicking myself because on the way to Vietnam I packed extra clothes... But of course I thought I could get by without the extra weight for my trip back when I really need it.

When I recall this trip I'll definitely try to forget this part. It has been such a hassle. I can only hope that tomorrow will go smoothly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment