Friday, May 9, 2014

My Little Piece of Heaven

I can't believe we're almost half-way done with our time here in Vietnam! It makes me really sad actually: I have loved every experience with this country and the group of us here is really awesome. No company visits today, we spent the whole day at UEF: In the morning a professor from the Vietnam National University lectured on the Mekong River Delta's culture, economy, and environmental issues. I feel really lucky to be able to hear this kind of stuff because I really never would at home. I was especially interested that he served in the National Assembly for 10 years... the opacity of the Vietnamese government intrigues me a lot. After the lecture, we had another language class. I think I'm getting worse.

In the afternoon we played games with the UEF English club... Our team won (pretty handily, definitely cheating)!! We danced the chicken dance and the Macarena, which I definitely haven't done in years. Ha, but apparently they're super popular right now in Vietnam! I was exhausted when I got back, so a bunch of us relaxed and got full body massages. Oh my god. I cannot express how wonderful it felt and how free my muscles feel. Best. Ever. Ate at a random Japanese place that was fine. Today was kind of chill, not too much happened. Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment